TO 3 was a French youth television program broadcast on France 3 from April 1, 2002 to August 28, 2004 and aimed primarily at children aged 6 to 11. The show was presented by Theo and Luna, two virtual characters.
As a replacement for the Minikeums , the original concept was to have two teenagers named Theo and Luna travel in a spaceship (the 3 ), accompanied by a crew populated by crazy creatures. Produced by the animation studio Sparx , the show had chosen to offer an aesthetic collage implementing various graphic styles in computer generated images. In this program, the characters present various graphics, adapted to their character. All the voices were done before the animation by Viking Studio Production (audio post production studio), with a few actors dubbing several characters. Thus, by means of a lip synchronization program, the mouths of the 3D animations automatically settled on the voices, recorded upstream.
TO 3 was created to replace the Minikeums , the program which, according to France 3, after nine years of broadcasting, tended to vampirize the attention of children to the detriment of the programs they were supposed to promote.
Initially planned for one year, TO 3 was maintained, under the editorial direction of the channel, for two and a half years, ie a dozen hours produced before being replaced by France Truc .
TO 3 was broadcast in the morning at 6.10 a.m. and in the afternoon at 4.10 p.m. when it was created, then at 6.50 a.m. and 4.35 p.m.
The show achieved an average audience share of 18.3% .
A teenager named Theo, passionate about space and animated series, decides to go on an expedition to the immense Milky Way galaxy. He enters his spaceship, the 3 . Luna, her half-sister, has embedded herself in her ship to be able to accompany Theo.
While traversing space, they enter an unknown solar system. They notice a planet that could harbor life. So the ship lands on the planet, which is populated by curious beings. Theo meets them and once they are friends, he shows them cartoons every day to give them an idea of life on Earth.
Description of the planet
- Name : none (but Théo calls him Téo III)
- Distance from the solar system : 20 light years
- Number of moons and suns : 2 moons and one sun
- Diameter : 6,905.8 km
- Terrain : wacky trees, gigantic flowers, seas
- Population : intelligent creatures
The landscape resembles that of sea coral
- Distant 31050 light years
- A sun (blue dwarf)
- Orbit 1 : rocky planet
- Orbit 2 : volcanic planet
- Orbit 3 : Teo III
- Orbit 4 : gas giant
- Orbit 5 : gas giant medium
Crew of 3
- Théo : the adolescent explorer
- Luna : her temperamental half-sister
- Monsieur Double : a two-headed hourglass character destined to perpetually contradict himself
- Ouch and Paf : two cartoon stuntmen
- Liquorice : a little girl in a flying seat walking on soap
- Mitch : a vain blue cube
- Linda : an eccentric dancer
Main cartoons broadcast
- Action Man
- Albert the Fifth Musketeer
- Hello Earth, Martins here
- Angela Anaconda
- bob the builder
- Catfish Blues
- Horse Sun
- Chocolate and Vanilla
- Code Lyoko
- Corneil and Bernie
- Denver, the last dinosaur
- Jackie Chan
- The Fantastic Adventures of Commander Cousteau
- The Adventures of the Pocket Dragons
- The Beautiful Stories of Pomme d’Api
- The Knights of the Underworld
- Tales from Broca Street
- The tales of the perched cat
- The Selfish
- Les Jules, dog of life…
- Sophie’s misfortune
- Andersen’s Most Beautiful Tales
- The Willows in winter
- Wolves, Witches and Giants
- Marshall and Simon
- Martin Morning
- Puppet the Pirouette
- Parker Lewis never loses
- Potatoes and Dragons
- Princess Sisi
- What’s New Scooby-Doo?
- red wall
- Shooting Circus
- Shaman King
- Hell of a smile
- winx club
- X-Men: Evolution